VHS tape screening- Splendor- October 26, 2011


I've talked about this movie every week since our first VHS screening, so for our fifth(!) ever screening, to shut my yapping jaw up, we will watch Splendor a quirky 90s party-party techno culture RomCom (the soundtrack is awesomely danceable, perhaps I will burn a copy for anyone who's interested). This is indie director Gregg Araki's funniest, least disturbing, least gay and least violent, foray into queer(ish) cinema. Actually there's no violence at all, and nothing all that disturbing to the average contemporary open-minded liberal. In case you haven't derived from my constant blather, this is a film about long-term polyamorous relationships, made in a time when they were still really "edgy." So drop by and catch this flick on Wednesday before the concept of a three-way is so blasé that even your grandparents could care less.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2WCzPLioJE

Yes. That supporting female actor is Kelly Macdonald whose sex scene in Trainspotting got rewound and replayed about a million times when I was in high school. (But she's not naked in this one. This is a tasteful film.)

Seriously though guys, I love this movie, I've probably seen it about a dozen times since I acquired it four years ago. It never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment