VHS tape screening- Vision Quest- November 9, 2011

I am pushing forward with this plan, despite some questioning looks from Rob, to watch the obscure Matthew Modine picture, Vision Quest, this coming Wednesday night. Vision Quest is not about the indigenous American spiritual tradition that comes to one's mind; no, it's about a sub-par high school wrestler who sets his sights on beating the top wrestler in the division. Along the way he falls in love with a female drifter who rents a room in his house.

I had a lot of trouble finding a theatrical trailer for this movie. Instead, I found a thirty second VHS preview that's kind of horrible: http://www.videodetective.com/movies/trailers/vision-quest-trailer/434

Or, if you prefer, here's the music video for the Madonna song, Gambler, which contains many shots from the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g65lLNUibGc

Yep. Pretty awesome. This was Madonna's first major theatrical appearance, but I don't think she has any lines in the movie, just two song performances. In some countries the film was released under the title Crazy For You to promote Madonna's career.

Please come out and watch this with me. The last time I saw it was when I was dating this woman named Alycia, and we had a very bad breakup, so I need to redeem my memory of it; call it a vision quest, of sorts, as long as we're using the term willy-nilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment